Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Paracentesis

     As I mentioned in a earlier post was having fluid in my belly (Paracentesis <~click for info), this got to the point that I had to be on oxygen because my blood oxygen level was very low. So it was decided to perform the risky procedure. It wasn't as bad as it sounds, strangely enough. They got out a gallon of fluid. The next day all the fluid was back, so out of fear of it being blood or infection as feared, so they did another tap and got another gallon. No blood or infection, just another sign of how sick my organs are. But after two taps I was in terrible pain and exhausted from putting on a happy face for friends and family.
 
I guess there is not much to see, but that is where the drain was,
 about 3inches down from my bottom rib on the right side.



No comments:

Post a Comment